December 31, 2021
Ultimate Guide To Turn Shopify Store Into App
2019-2021 saw the emergence of mobile apps for online shopping. The m-commerce sales made up for 54% of all the e-commerce transactions. Despite the fact that the present-day websites are mobile-friendly, mobile apps provide personalized shopping experiences to customers and help in customer retention. If you already have a store in Shopify, you can easily convert your website into an engaging mobile app. Let us have a look at the ways to convert your Shopify store into app.
How to convert the Shopify store into app?
It is straightforward to create a mobile app for businesses that have online storefronts on Shopify. Shopify users may convert website into mobile app by using third-party services offered on Shopify or online. They may also create their own Shopify mobile app from scratch. But a still easier option is Swipecart that allows you to convert your Shopify store into an app without coding.
These are the four approaches for transforming your basic Shopify shop into a visually appealing mobile app.
- Using Shopify applications
- Utilizing third-party SaaS platforms
- Custom mobile app development
- Using Swipecart
Let's take a look at which of these solutions is ideal for you to get your Shopify mobile app.
Device access capabilities
Have you ever observed the ease with which you can share images through social media platforms such as WhatsApp or Telegram? It gives you the option to select images stored on your mobile device. Also, you can use your mobile camera to click a picture through WhatsApp and send it across to your contacts. Ah, talking of the contacts, WhatsApp can easily access the contacts saved on your device so that you can forward your text, images, or videos to anyone in your contact list.
A mobile app gives you the power to make use of your device features like camera, contacts, storage, and location to improve user experiences. It uses the resources of your device to improve the UI/UX. This is not possible with a mobile website. So, isn’t it worth it to create your own app?
1. Using Shopify applications
Shopify applications or simply Shopify apps are available on your Shopify store. These are third-party plugins that assist you to convert your shop into a mobile app. They access your store data through Shopify’s API and let you manage products, orders, and customers from anywhere, anytime. There are many Shopify apps available in the Shopify Store. The technical support post conversion is crucial. You can look into the customer reviews to see which is reliable and worth installing.
How to convert your Shopify store into app through the Shopify app?
Shopify now allows businesses to convert their Shopify store into a mobile app. Any modification or input made to the website is reflected on the app. Another benefit is the customer may choose between a native iOS and Android app or a cross-platform app. Let’s take a look at how to use the Shopify app to transform your store into an app.
(i) Select a Shopify app
You will find many Shopify store builders in the Shopify App Store. Read the description and select an appropriate Shopify app. Check if it offers the following features:
- Allows integration of popular payment gateway plugins
- Provides social media account integration and sharing
- Delivers easy customer checkout process
- Permits easy app customization
- Provides real-time analytics dashboard and support
- Allows multi-language support
- Provides push notification, email integration, and other features
Take your time to study the pros and cons of each Shopify app. You can add the Shopify app to your store just as you install plugins.
(ii) Set up your account in the Shopify app
Sign up after installing the Shopify app in your store. Some of the apps offer free trials to view how your mobile app will look. If it is not mobile-friendly or engaging, you can uninstall and search for a new Shopify app.
(iii) Customize the app design
You can make changes in the size and style of banners, logos, and other elements. The Shopify apps provide varying degrees of customization options. Many allow basic changes for free and charge for advanced customization options.
(iv) Publish the app on the App Store/ Play Store
The next step is to publish the app on the iOS & Android application store. You have to complete the necessary formalities in the application store before it is approved and published. Complete certain tasks such as choosing the checkout method and the storefront API permissions when the app goes live.
Pros of Shopify apps-
- The Shopify apps charge you a monthly subscription and hence it is affordable
- It helps you to convert website into mobile app quickly.
- You can have native iOS or Android mobile apps.
- No need to hire mobile app developers
Cons of Shopify apps-
- Converting your store into an app requires a considerable amount of knowledge and expertise.
- The guidelines may be quite confusing for a layman and there is negligible technical support
- Your app belongs to the plugin owners
- The monthly subscription is a recurring fee.
2.Utilizing third-party SaaS platforms
The third-party SaaS (Service as a Platform) services provide to convert your Shopify store into a mobile app on a subscription basis. These cloud-based Shopify store builders available on web browsers are also referred to as constructors. They offer the same benefits as Shopify apps.Benefits of third-party SaaS platforms-
- You can instantly convert the store into an app
- Not much technical expertise required
- Low cost since it is a monthly subscription
Disadvantages of third-party SaaS platforms-
- They launch it on their App Store meaning, you don’t own the app.
- Security is not guaranteed.
- You cannot make changes in the code
- They offer design templates and not custom designs.
- You are tied to the vendor
- You have to be dependent on them for updates.
- Also, migration from one store builder to another might cause issues.
3.Custom mobile app development
The third option of converting Shopify store into app is custom app development. Here, you hire mobile app developers or the services of a mobile app development company to build an app as per your needs.
Benefits of custom app development
- The app you create is wholly yours
- You design the app as per your specifications
- It provides you with better security
Disadvantages of custom app development
- You need a huge investment
- It requires considerable time to build it from scratch
- Your app design and functionality are dependent on the efficiency of the developers.
Swipecart is a product that converts your store into an engaging mobile app within a short time. It requires no coding skills. It has a powerful drag-and-drop module to place elements inside the app layout.But how does Swipecart differ from Shopify apps or the third-party SaaS solutions?
Basically, Swipecart is all the pros added and cons negated. It offers the templates option as well as customization in mobile app design. And, it is not a recurring cost. You pay the cost upfront one time and you are done. It even offers a free basic plan. Pros of Swipecart-
- It is easy, affordable, and fast.
- No coding is required. It uses an easy drag-and-drop module to design the app.
- It offers the option of templates and also custom design.
- You can either upload the app on its account or your Play Store account.
- It charges a one-time affordable fee.
- Since you can upload the app on your App Store/ Play Store account, your app is not tied to Swipecart and it is secure.
- You don’t need to hire developers and build it from scratch.
- You can take advantage of the advanced Swipecart plan to customize the app design, hire exclusive technical support, and send segmented push notifications.
- It also offers you features of a marketing dashboard, plugin integration, and usage analytics dashboard.
It is easy to convert any e-commerce website into mobile app with Swipecart. Other than Shopify, you can also convert websites on platforms such as Magento, SquareSpace, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, OpenCart, and Wix into mobile apps.
It is easy to convert your Shopify store into app with Swipecart. This product is the best for you to start your mobile commerce journey and reap its benefits.Take a free demo today and see for yourself how you can easily convert your e-commerce store into an engaging mobile app.